Y7 85th Track and Field Championship & First Invitation Meeting 2017
4 Jul 2017
Congratulations to all athletes who competed in the Y7 85th Track and Field Championship & First Invitation Meeting 2017 on Wednesday 28th at Tidworth.
47 year old record broken! There were many excellent performances but special mention must go to the Kennet 4 x 100m Y7 Girls Relay team who broke the 4 x 100M Y7 Girls Relay record that was set in 1970 by Swindon. They also beat all of the boys’ relay teams! Many congratulations to the Kennet Y7G Team and thank you for providing a thrilling end to a very enjoyable evening of sport. The victorious Kennet team were Talia Eastlake, Edie Noble, Eliza Hill & Ophelia Pye.
Huge thanks also to all the officials and helpers without their help, so freely given, the Y7 85th Track and Field Championship & First Invitation Meeting 2017 could not have taken place; Thank you.
A special thank you to all our invited athletes who added a new dimension to the Y7 Championship; we hope Y7 were inspired by the meeting some of Wiltshire’s finest athletes: Joe Hutchinson, Gemma Shepherd, Sophie Merritt, Zoe Mattacks, Teresa Iannetelli, Sam Roberts, Jake Burkey, Johan Warensjo, Joe Collins, Femi Akinbobola & Daniel Taylor
Results for Y7 85th Track and Field Championship & First Invitation Meeting 2017 (v3)
National Combined Event Finals Boston Lincolnshire
30 Jun 2017
Confirmation below of the Wiltshire Athletes who have qualified for the National Combined Event Finals in Boston on 16th/17th September.
- William Scammell (JB Pentathlon)
- Ransford Akonai (JB Pentathlon)
- Peter Adeosun (JB Pentathlon
- Rory Howorth (IB Octathlon)
- Joseph Collins (IB Octathlon)
- Kieran Short (SB Decathlon)
Wiltshire will now have a team of 3 in the JB Pentathlon.
South West Schools Combined Event 2017
27 Jun 2017
Congratulations to all the Wiltshire athletes who competed in the South West Combined Event in Yeovil over the weekend 24th/25th June. There were some really excellent performances. Will Scammell JB qualified for Nationals as an individual after the JB team narrowly lost out to Somerset. Rory Howorth IB achieved the national qualifying standard and is likely to go to Nationals having finished 3rd. We wait to hear about Keiran Short SB, Ransford Akonai JB and Peter Adeosun JB who may also be called up. In addition Maddie George U17 Race Walk will compete in the National Final after another successful competition at the weekend.
Results as follows:
Y7 Track and Field Championship 2017 and Invitation Meeting
24 Jun 2017
This will be held at Tidworth on Wednesday 28th June. Entry by programme £1.50 (U18’s free, coaches free).
PARKING: Please use the free parking at the Community Car Park at Tesco’s Station Road, SP9 7NR. This is a 5 minute walk away from the track.
Please do not use the small car park at the track or park on any of the adjoining roads.
If you require special access please contact WSAA via this website.
WOW Cakes, hot drinks and squash will be on sale to help raise funds for WSAA.
English Schools’ Track and Field Championship 2017
21 Jun 2017
Congratulations to the athletes who have been selected to represent Wiltshire Schools at the English Schools’ Track & Field Championship 2017 in Birmingham. We had many excellent performances at the weekend so selecting the team has been extremely difficult. Details of the team chosen to go to Birmingham are provided via the link below.
IMPORTANT: please note the following before you view the team list:
- If the list states that you are in the relay it means that you are one of a squad of athletes in the Relay Squad. Your team manager on the day will, in discussion with the Relay Squad, decide who will run in the relay.
- ESAA T & F Championship 2017: If your name is on the team list then you have been selected – many congratulations. Please read all the attachments and then confirm that you accept your place via the contacts tab on this webpage, immediately.
- On Monday 3rd July there will be a compulsory meeting for you and your parents at Sheldon School, Hardenhuish Lane, Chippenham, Wiltshire SN14 6HJ, please arrive at 6.30pm for a 7pm start. Please use the main school, sports hall entrance when you drive in. The meeting is in the Sixth Form Study Centre - it is signposted plus students will be there to direct you
WSAA team list for the ESAA Championship
Please read the following additional documents: